Goal 1 & Goal 2
What is it?
Harvard has joined an “Action Collaborative”, founded by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, whose goal is to study gender-based harassment in the sciences. Harvard is one of 28 universities participating in this collaborative.
What goal(s) does it connect to?
- Goal 1: Recruitment, Retention, and Development Practices for Excellence
- Goal 1.1: Inclusive Excellence
- Goal 1.2: Inclusive Leadership
- Goal 2: Academic, Professional, and Social Integration
- Goal 2.3: Collaboration and Teamwork
Why is it important?
Harvard’s involvement in this research initiative will allow for collaboration with peer institutions, so it can improve its own promising practices; in addition the representatives for the collaborative believe this will be a concrete step to establishing effective, and long-lasting sexual-harassment policies.